We will not have any puppies available before the end of 2020.
When our puppies are 8 or 9 weeks old they are ready to go to their new owners. The puppies will come with a Gesunde Bulldoggen Pedigree, including a DNA profile. Then you know for sure that the parents of the puppies are verified. Together with the International Pet Passport, a vaccination, a deworming schedule and a health declaration they are ready to go to their new forever home. You will get a contract from us that, amongst other things, gives you a 2 year guarantee for heriditary diseases. For an excellent home we will consider rehoming our puppies abroad. Read our purchase agreement here. We do not place our puppies in families with young children.
Both parents are in posession of an extensive medical screening, supported by x rays of neck, spine, hips and airways. All of this is for your perusal and new puppy owners will of course receive this information.
We have chosen to place the pricing of our puppies on our website. Further down this page you can find more information about that.
The very first feriod of socializing in a puppy life lies in our hands, the breeder. Good and responsible socializing can take a lot of work and time. Expreriences a puppy has during that first socialization period can have impact in its entire adult life. We have chosen to work mostly with the programme of Puppy Culture. They have done a lot of research in development of puppies. Puppy culture is a step by step program which extends until the puppy becomes twelve weeks old. New puppy owners can log into the progam and look at the video’s of the corresponding age. They can know exactly what their puppy has experienced before they welcome him in their home. This is how we can work together in creating the best stabile start in life.
Based the questionnaire and a meeting in real life, we see together if you want a place on our waiting list wants and also what type of dog suits you. We do not work with 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice for placement on the waiting list. Most importantly, we believe that the upcoming owners get a puppy that fits in character. At the age of about 7 weeks we take the puppies (and future owners and who like to go too) to a dog school for a puppy afternoon. The puppies meet even more new exiting things there. Based on what they see and what we’ve seen together in previous weeks we will deliberate with the new owners to see which puppy is best suited for their home.
We are doing everything we can to gve our puppies the best fundament in life. That means móre than just putting a litter of puppies into this world. Our dogs, and also our puppies, are living in our home. They lie on our sofa and even sleep in our bed. We do not have cages or kennels and our dogs do not live in our garden.
Are you interested in a Hawbucks puppy? Contact us! We would like to know more about you!
Our previous bred litters you can find on the bottom of this page.
PRICING OF OUR PUPPIES
Because we like to be transparent and open, we also state the price of our puppies on the website. There is nothing secret about that. I do want to take the opportunity to explain how this pricing comes together. A lot of people do not have a clue how many costs are involved in breeding a litter. The price of our puppies is not negotiable.
Of course money talk is never pleaseant, but still I would like to give an insight to you about the costs.
- The health tests we carry out on our dogs are here to be found. All together these tests have a price tag of about 2000 Euro. Odds are of course that results of the tests show that the dog is not suitable for breeding.
- The membership of the French Bulldog Club costs 40 Euro annually
- Every now and then our dogs are brought out on a dogshow. Entry fees for a show are about 55 euro. One show will not be sufficient unfortunately. These shows are not close to us so we must travel to them. Parking the car is also greatly charged. Costs of gas and parking we do not include in our calculation.
- When the bitch turns out to be suited for breeding, we go out on the hunt for a male for her. The stud owner also did all kinds of health tests and that also costs money. De price of a stud is between 500 and 1500 Euro, or even up. Because we like to have the best partner for our bitch we don’t care about his location.
- We also plan a trip ahead to see the male in real life. In total we drive thousands of kilometers. A quick calculation tells us that in gas alone we already pay almost 500 Euro. The time and hotelrooms we do not calculate.
- When you have to travel a big distance to the male, timing is of the essence. We test for progesterone. Usually that takes 2 to 5 tests. One test costs about 60 Euro. That means that for the progesterone testing in total we pay between 120 and 300 Euro.
- When the bitch is bred we go to the vet for an ultrasound. That can be done when the bitch is 28 days pregnant. Very nifty, because then we and the new puppy owners know if she really is carrying puppies. An ultrasound costs about 75 Euro’s
- A French Bulldog is a breed that, unfortunately, needs a C-section more often. Costs of a C-section at night time or in weekends costs about 750 Euro.
- When the puppies are born, the mother wants to eat a lot. Up to three times as many! A bitch can eat more than 1500 gram of raw food every day! This costs about 6 Euro extra every day, for a period of 6 weeks. That is about 250 Euro in total on top of her regular food.
- Of course the puppies also must be fed. In the four weeks that pass by that they eat solid foods they eat about 50 kilo’s together. Food costs about 5 Euro’s per kilo. Feeding the puppies costs at minimum 250 Euro.
- Our puppies will get an FCI pedigree, so they are microchipped by Raad van Beheer. Also, a mandatory DNA test is taken for origin research. Together with the costs of the actual pedigree, this costs a little over 100 euro for every puppy.
- When the puppies are eight weeks old they get a health check and their first vaccination. This costs about 45 Euro for every puppy. Deworming costs we do not calculate now.
- When the puppies are one year old, we organise a Homecoming Day. For the puppy owners this day is free of charge. Every puppy will get x rays on airways, spine and hips. Despite my work in an Animal Clinic, I still have to pay for all that. This costs at minimum 100 Euro for every puppy.
If it is not possible for a foreign owner to come to our Homecoming day, we will make another arrangement.
- If a puppy goes abroad it must be usually older than 15 weeks of age. We want to give our puppies the best start in life so we will socialize them like it would be our own puppy. This means for us all the extra vaccinations and training. We will go to puppy class and have to take extra time off from work. Raising a puppy well takes a lot of time and effort.
At this moment the costs are already exceeding well over € 9.000,-. In this calculation I have taken into account a very average litter of 4 puppies.
The supplies needed for delivery, a whelping box, heat lamp, lining for the whelping box, instruments, scale etc. are not even calculated. Often these things are reusable, but still they must be bought first.
They puppies then do not even have a toy to play with or a bed to sleep in.
Also the cost to keep our house extra warm, heating plate and heating lamp, cost of the washing machine that is running constantly are not in this calculation.
Also any neccesary vet visits are not taken into calculation.
And of course the time we invest we do not calculate. We do not have to be paid for that, then a puppy will be priceless. Unfortunately, also this website is not free.
We also put an amount of money on a separate account, is case something is wrong with any of our puppies. Despite our best efforts to breed healthy dogs is Mother Nature also a factor. In case a puppy has abnormalities of any kind we want to take our financial responsibility.
I hope that this calculation gives a bit of insight in the origin of our puppy price. I also hope that I have shown people who say that puppies are too exprensive see what is included.
The price of a Hawbucks puppy is € 2.650,-, excluding potential additional costs that vary by country.
Our first litter was born on March 4, 2017 from Yara and Miro. More information you can find here.
Our second litter was born on March 13, 2018 from Lucy and Marley. More information you can find here.
Our third litter was born on September 14, 2018 from Yara and Vegas. More information you can find here.